50 Inspiring Fort Ideas for Kids and Families
Posted May 28, 2016 by Fort Magic
Whether you choose to play inside, outside or upside down, Fort Magic kits provide you with the tools for endless adventure and great memories. Check out these 50 kids’ fort ideas.
1. Create a lemonade stand out of Fort Magic pieces to teach business skills.
2. Cool kids off as they drive wheeled bikes, scooters and skateboards through a car wash fort.
3. Paper the walls of a fort. Provide brushes, paint, oil pastels and more to explore the arts.
4. Encourage creativity as kids search the outdoors for natural elements to decorate an all-natural fort.
6. Deep sea dive the underwater world with boat and submarine fort designs.
7. Memorable birthday celebrations include forts filled with balloons, gifts or friends.
8. If spring has sprung, break out the Fort Magic kit to create energy releasing outdoor forts decorated with handcrafted flowers and butterflies.
9. Are your lights out from a thunderstorm? Make a fort, grab the flashlights and play shadow games.
10. Forts make the perfect and personalized playhouse for tea parties and kitchen play.
11. Knights and princesses alike dream of fairy tale adventures in castle forts. Remember the horse and carriage!
12. Teepees draw kids of all ages, and a tepee brings more smiles when a canoe fort is added.
13. Pirates sail the seven seas for days with ship-shaped forts. Eye patches required!
14. Grab fishing poles made of sticks and string to add to a boat, ship or canoe fort adventure.
15. Glow-in-the-dark star and planet stickers combined with constellation books allow kids to create star formations on the ceiling of a planetarium inspired fort.
16. Warm, clear nights provide the perfect backdrop for stargazing from the comfort of a Fort Magic fort. Just leave a window at the top of your outdoor fort building kit for sky viewing.
17. Design a rocket fort for your young astronaut. 3-2-1 Blast Off!
18. Space pods and alien ships boast adventures in outer space exploration.
19. Race cars created with Fort Magic components make for a great day at the track.
20. A cafe fort with tables out front becomes the perfect place to serve a light lunch or snacks.
21. Colored cellophane sheets covering a fort base create a magical stained glass house.
22. Clear sheets of cellophane covering a basic fort form bring life to a greenhouse. Add potted flowers, a sandbox or dirt for nurturing plants, mud pies and imaginations.
23. Giant candy canes and peppermint candies crafted from pool noodles inspire gingerbread houses.
24. A treehouse grows as Fort Magic forts are built to encircle a tree trunk.
25. Move bins of blocks into any shape outdoor or indoor play fort for hours of creative play.
26. Create a construction zone complete with Fort Magic components. Grab hard hats and get to constructing.
27. A cave fort leads to exploration. Add stalactites and stalagmites for greater learning.
28. Hidden doorways and funky mirrors turn any fort into a carnival fun house.
29. Have a budding interior designer? A fort provides the perfect canvas for inspiring decorators.
30. Encourage STEM skills by structuring engineering feats through fort building.
31. Check out architecture books for inspiration and recreate basic themes in your fort.
32. Find picture books of world-famous buildings and let them inspire your fort creation.
33. Make forts in the shape of triangles, circles, squares and more. Learning shapes could not be more fun!
34. Use cellophane, foil, bubble wrap, white plastic sheeting, fun fur fabric and more to cover a fort for an exciting sensory exploration experience.
35. Twinkle lights add magic to Fort Magic forts. Lanterns, flashlights and the like also light it up.
36. Curtains, sheers, tablecloths, bed sheets, light weight blankets, cellophane sheets, foil, bubble wrap, plastic sheeting, butcher or art paper, streamers and more make great fort coverings.
37. Giving kids the freedom to create freestyle forts builds confidence and problem-solving skills.
38. Add the garden hose or a slip and slide feature to any outdoor fort building kit for cool water play.
39. Fort canopies protect sandbox and kiddie pool games from the heat and sun.
40. Fort tunnels and hoops inspire obstacle course competitions.
41. Soccer goals, basketball hoops and more created from Fort Magic pieces get kids in the game.
42. Pull out the family’s favorite board games and gather in the fort for family game night.
43. Movies take on new magic when viewed from inside a fort. Remember the popcorn!
44. Giggles, stories, and pranks mark childhood fort slumber parties. Send out the invites today!
45. Grab lanterns and sleeping bags. Head to the backyard for a camping adventure.
46. Parents, join your kids inside the fort. Entering their world instantly creates valuable family time.
47. Forts created on beds provide a place kids are eager to snuggle into at bedtime.
49. Line up the Fort Magic kits and the contestants. Start the timer and host a Fort Building Challenge.
50. Gather the community. Each family creates a fort and kids can play, adventure and explore together in a neighborhood fort community.
We hope you and your children have some amazing adventures with these 50 kids fort ideas!
Pin It for Later!
The Artful Parent Blog: One of our absolute favorite creative blogs for children and families. The Artful Parent blog is filled with simple ideas to fill your family’s life with art and creativity. A must see blog for sure.
TinkerLab Blog: One of our favorite engineering blogs for children is TinkerLab. Have you ever visited the site? If not, you’ll definitely want to browse sometime soon. You will find loads of fun and inventive ideas for encouraging all things hands-on and engineering for kids. TinkerLab has fantastic Tinker Lab YouTube videos too!
Rave & Review Blog: The fun Rave & Review blog is where you’ll find loads of sharing on your favorite products for parents and grandparents all the way to newborns.
Learn With Play At Home Blog: An inspiring educational blog created by a primary teacher that strongly believes in making learning FUN & seamless through childhood playtime ideas and activities.
Twodaloo Blog: At the awesome Twodaloo blog you will find activities and information about early childhood development that you can use at home, in the classroom, or in the therapy setting.
Play At Home Mom Blog: This super-amazing blog is definitely one of our favorites. Loaded with fun ideas for DIY playtime, with an always-present educational spin.
Hands On As We Grow Blog: A wonderful family blog that focuses on hands-on activities for parents and children to incorporate during learning and playtime.
Twined: Twined is a blog that helps you to easily discover unbiased product reviews and recommendations from the people you can actually trust.
Kids Activities Blog: A tremendous resource on all things kids-activities based, you can explore hundreds of ideas for learning and playtime for children and families ages toddler – teens.
Uncommon Designs Blog: Uncommon Designs is a blog dedicated to creating a beautiful life. From special touches in your home to making handmade gifts, this fun blog shares projects and ideas that are both “on trend” and classic. If you enjoy creating, then Uncommon Designs is the perfect place for you.
Babble Dabble Do Blog: One of our absolute favorite blogs for learning, art and hands-on education. The Babble Dabble Do blog will inspire hours of creativity and awesomely-educational playtime in your home. A must see blog for sure.
Fort Magic Customer Photos via Facebook: Visit our Fort Magic Facebook page to see our customer creativity shine with kids fort ideas plus fun pics and videos of families enjoying their Fort Magic kit during playtime.
Fort Magic Customer Photos via Instagram: Visit our Fort Magic Instagram page to see our customer creativity shine with fun pics and videos of kids fort ideas and families enjoying their Fort Magic kit during playtime.